I found this recipe on Pinterest years ago and I'm glad I saved the recipe because it has disappeared from Pinterest! I've adjusted a bit from the original recipe, including doubling it because it is so popular in my house that it's hardly worth the effort to make an 8x8 pan! It can be halved for an 8x8 pan, bake for 20 minutes.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Banana Bars
3 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup milk
2 large egg, lightly beaten
2 large mashed bananas
1/2 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
Preheat oven to 375 degrees (350 convect). Mix together the quick cooking oats, light
brown sugar, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon. Stir together vanilla
extract, milk, eggs, mashed bananas and peanut butter. Mix into oats. Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 baking pan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cut into squares and enjoy. Can be frozen-I like to wrap them in packs of 2 for a quick on the go breakfast or snack.
No comments:
Post a Comment